Additional Support for SEND Pupils
How will work with me to help my child who needs additional support from adults at home to access remote education?
We recognise that some pupils, for example some pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), may not be able to access remote education without support from adults at home. We acknowledge the difficulties this may place on families, and will work with parents/carers to support those pupils in the following ways:
- Class teachers offer differentiated tasks and support as required.
- Class teachers/ SENCO to support with a flexible, bespoke package of learning, which could include routines, now and next approaches and/or timetabled sensory breaks/sensory circuits etc.
- Class teacher contact parents/carers by phone to support and advise.
- SENCO regular check ins where required.
- Where appropriate, separate zoom sessions with the class teacher and support staff member.