Coronavirus advice and information
We are ensuring that we are adhering to the government's advice on the Coronavirus outbreak which we receive daily from the Department of Education. The Avenue Infant School remains open as normal. If we were to discover a case of Coronavirus in the school community we would contact Public Health England for guidance. If this should change we will communicate this to you through the usual channels; email, text, Facebook and this website.
We are following the advice to help slow the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and hot water for 20 seconds (alcohol based hand sanitiser can be used if hand washing facilities are not available)
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throwing it in the bin
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- People who feel unwell should stay at home and not attend work or school
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- If you are worried about your symptoms or those of your child, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Further information is available on the Public Health England Blog and the NHS UK website.
The Department of Education has set up a Coronavirus Helpline which is available for staff and parents/carers to contact with any questions about COVID-19.
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday