Engagement and Feedback
What are your expectations for my child's engagement and the support that we as parents and carers should provide at home?
- Pupils to be present on the daily zoom lessons.
- Pupils and parents/carers to follow our zoom protocol.
- Parents/carers to send pupils work via the class email address, so that teachers can feedback on learning taking place and progress.
- Parents/carers to support their child to access the learning platforms, where required.
- Parents/carers to communicate with staff, via email, for support or share any concerns over remote learning or their child's learning.
- Parents/carers to praise and celebrate the success that their children have at home to keep them engaged and enthused about their own learning.
How will you check whether my child is engaging with their work, and how will I be informed if there are concerns?
- Daily registers for zoom attendance - which is then shared SLT at the end of week.
- Protocol is in place for regularity of contact from teachers to parents/carers in response to non-engagement (including work not being submitted).
- Monitoring of Purplemash access and engagement.
- Emailing/phoning parents/carers to support and guide on the work completed or if work is not being completed.
- A member of SLT called to consider what support we can put in place to support effective remote learning.
- Class teachers offer differentiated tasks and support as required. Class teacher to have regular contact with parents/carers by phone to support and advise.
- SENCO regular check ins where required.
How will you assess my child's work and progress?
Feedback can take many forms and may not always mean extensive written comments for individual children. For example, whole class feedback or quizzes marked automatically via digital platforms are also valid and effective methods, amongst many others. Our approach to feeding back on pupil work is as follows:
- Feeedback within zoom lessons.
- Celebration of work via our school Facebook page.
- Celebration of work via our remote Celebration assemblies.
- Individualised feedback to pupils on Purplemash.
- Individualised feedback to pupils via the class@ email address.