This page will be updated with any current vacancies for teaching or support staff at The Avenue Infant School.
We currently have two vacancies:
Teaching Assistant - Maternity Cover
We require a Teaching Assistant for 27.5 hours a week (term time) to work in Year One/Two to cover maternity leave (fixed term contract with unspecified end).
The role will be a class Teaching Assistant role, supporting pupils in their learning across the curriculum as directed by the class teacher.
Responsibilities will include delivering learning activities in groups and working with the class teacher to address individual learning needs, delivering interventions and supporting pupils' social and emotional development. The role also requires the monitoring and recording of pupil progress in learning activities and feeding back to the class teacher in a clear and accurate manner
An expectation of the role is to work with the class teacher to prepare and maintain resources and equipment required to deliver teaching.
Some experience of working in a classroom in a supporting role is desirable.
A good command of reading, writing and numeracy skills is necessary.
Please see the attachment below for a full person specification and job description. Application packs are available from the school office on 01933 276366.
Closing date: Thursday 18th October at 5pm. Interview Date: Wednesday 31st October.
Lunchtime Supervisor - Maternity Cover
We are currently looking for a lunchtime supervisor to work 1 ¼ hours a day (6.25 hours a week) Monday to Friday term time only.
This position is a maternity cover to start November 2018.
Please note this is a physical job for fully fit applicants only.
Hours of duty are currently from 11.55- 1.10pm
Rate of pay = £8.62p PER HOUR for 6.25 hours a week
- Please enquire at the school office for the person specification and an application form if you are interested in these posts. Thank you.
- Please be aware that you must be physically fit and be able to prove that you are a committed person who would be punctual and reliable. You would have to undergo an enhanced police clearance and prove that you are a suitable person to work with children. You must be willing to provide 2 references from people who are neither family nor friends.
- We would like the person appointed to be able to take up their duties as soon as possible after interview.
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 31st October 2018.
- Applications must be in to the school office by 12.00 midday on Thursday 18th October 2018